This is a simple quick and easy roasted potato recipe that can easily scale up to feed a bunch of people. Its pretty foolproof and makes excellent use of the microwave.
- Olive Oil
- Cut the Potato into 1″ chunks. Skinning them is optional.
- Parboil them by microwaving them in the oven for about 6 min. This might be longer or shorter depending on the strength of your microwave and how many potatoes you’re cooking. Rule of thumb is they should be soft and cooked through.
- Put the potatoes into a bowl and cover the opening with a plate and proceed to vigorously shake the bowl smashing the potatoes. Continue until the potatoes are smashed and fluffy. Use a spoon to smush down any stubborn pieces of potato.
- Coat the potatoes with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If using a(n)
- Air Fyer: place in basket and bake for 6-8 min at 400-425 degrees
- Convection oven: place on a wire baking sheet and bake for 6-8 min at 450 degrees
- Oven: place on a cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 min at 500 degrees. Flipping the potatoes half way through.